Calmbirth Practitioner Sydney
Lisa Paul displays a rich blend of skills and qualifications, honed by working in public and private hospitals across Sydney, and coupled with being a mother herself, all of which contribute greatly to making her a well-rounded women’s health professional.
Lisa Paul has worked for over 25 years as a Registered Nurse and Midwife, with extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of childbirth and babies.
In 2013, Lisa became a Certified Calmbirth® practitioner (a science-based pre-natal education program) and in 2015, studied a Graduate Diploma in Counselling, through the Australian College of Applied Psychology.
Lisa provides both of these services to clients in her private practice located in the Hawkesbury and Hills districts of Sydney.
Lisa is well versed in, and fascinated by, the psychological side of birth, as well as making the physical side of birth safe, whilst retaining this very special and unique experience.
She recognises how important the experience of birth itself is for mothers, and how profoundly it can potentially affect both families and babies down the track.
Lisa is truly passionate about minimising birth trauma, empowering women to feel in control of their own birth journey, and when necessary, helping with the aftermath of fertility, post-natal and parenting challenges in all their glorious complexity.
Her holistic ability to provide support for women through preparation, counselling and psychology, before and long after where most midwives typically finish their job of delivering babies, is what sets Lisa apart in her field as a “complete midwife”.
Lisa supports her clients on their journeys from pre-conception, through to pregnancy, birth, early childhood and beyond.
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling.
- Reg. Calmbirth® Practitioner
- Reg. Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- Diploma of Health Science (Nursing)
- Certificate in Natural Fertility Management
- Diploma of Nutrition
- Certificate in Iridology
- Adv. Dip of Homeopathy
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency – AHPR
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation Australia – PACFA
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society – MATMS
- International Institute of Complementary Therapist – IICT